I'd be interested to hear what you think. Is there room in your life for a fun-sized pouch?
How to Sew a heart shaped faux leather pouch
You will need
2 scraps of faux leather (about 30cm x 30cm)
a zipper (I reused the zipper from the bag I cut up)
1. If you haven't done so already, cut your fabric into 30cm x 30xm pieces.
2. Sketch out the shape of the heart on some newspaper to use as a template.
3. Pin the heart template to one of the scraps of leather and cut it out. Repeat for the other scrap of fabric.
4. Pin the two heart shapes together, with the right sides facing each other.
5. Starting from the top of one curve, mark out in tailor's chalk where your zipper starts and ends. I used a double line.
6. Sew about 1/2 inch from the edge of your hearts, making sure to NOT SEW the space you marked out for your zipper.
7. Place your zipper along the marked edge, making sure the zipper pull is facing away from you and is on the inside of the pouch. Pin in place.
8. Sew the zipper in place. Sew as close as you can to the zipper teeth (the bit of the zipper that you pull up and down).
9. You may need to go back over and tidy up any bits that weren't sewn up. Just close up any bits with a straight stitch. Don't worry about it being too perfect.