And that is where this simple fold over bag fits it. You can use it to store your supplies (like these random jewellery bits). Or tote around your makeup. Or whip up a few and use them as gift bags to give to happy friends. It's uses are pretty endless.
Exciting plans are afoot for How to Sew, so do tune in next week for a Randomly Happy first. I can hardly wait!
In the meantime... look over past posts here.
How to sew a simple fold over bag for all your things
You will needfabric, I used an 80 x 80 cm piece (but this depends on how big you want your final bag to be)
1. Cut out two squares of fabric. Mine measured 40cm x 40cm.
2. If you're using a fabric that frays (like cotton) zigzag all the edges to keep the fabric from fraying.
3. With the right sides together (the side of the fabric that will eventually be on the outside), match all the corners together and pin. Sew three sides, leaving one side open. I used a 1/2 inch seam allowance. You should now have the beginnings of a pouch.
4. Fold 1/2 inch of fabric down from one side at the opening of your square. Repeat for the other side. This will be where you attach your zipper.
5. Now to add the zipper! Put your zipper face down over the open side of your square. Put the zipper's teeth where the opening is and pin the edges of the the zipper (the zipper tape) to the folded over sections of the fabric.
6. Sew down one side of the zipper, along the bottom, and up the other side. Now ride off into the sunset, with your fold over bag. You (organised) sewing cowboy you.