Well now we’ve pretty much covered almost anything you could need for a Handmade Christmas... from tasty presents to my new favourite Christmas tradition. Now it’s time to treat ourselves to a little Christmas sparkle, don’t you think?
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a huge fan of glitz. But sometimes you just have to give in and add a touch of the old bling to your wardrobe, right? For me, the easiest way to do that is with a simple gemstone headband.
The best part is that you can completely knock this DIY out in less than an hour – thanks to felt and super quick drying glue. Perfect for a last minute wardrobe update for your Christmas party.
How to make a simple no-sew gemstone headband
You will need:
a strip of felt
gemstone embellishments (or you could use pearls or studs)
glue (fabric is best, but I didn’t have any to hand so I used super glue)
a small strip of hat elastic (not pictured)
1. Work out where you want the embellishments to go. Have a play. I kept mine in a pattern in the centre, but you could have it more random.
2. Take a photo. Just in case you forget. Trust me. This is important.
3. Stick the gemstones down with glue.
4. Cut a small piece of hat elastic to join the two ends of your felt.
5. Make a small hole at the centre of one end of the headband. Thread through your elastic.
6. Tie a very secure knot. Repeat for the other end.
7. Voila! Prepare to be belle of the ball!